Scholarship Application Advice
Applying for scholarships can seem like an overwhelming task, so we’ve pulled together some helpful tips to make the process easier.
- Apply for several scholarships. You can receive multiple scholarships and forms of financial aid, so don’t feel like you need to limit the number of scholarship applications that you send out.
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to complete and submit your scholarship applications. You’ll turn in better-quality work if you take time to think about essay questions and other required materials.
- Be honest. Don’t fudge any information you include in a scholarship application. Imagine the disappointment of being chosen for a scholarship and then having the award revoked because you provided false information.
- Complete the entire application and use a computer. If you aren’t sure of a proper answer or you skip a time-consuming question, make sure you go back and fill it in because incomplete applications will make you ineligible for scholarship consideration. You also don’t want to be discounted because your handwriting is illegible, so always type your applications when possible.
- Have someone else proof your application or scholarship essay.We all go a little numb when we’ve been writing an essay or filling out a long application. Ask someone else to read it over with a fresh set of eyes.