The AEF Scholarship is a special scholarship for graduating seniors in AISD. Each AISD campus has its own AEF scholarship application. Please follow prompts when completing the application.
- Please check scholarship criteria on the scholarship check boxes.
- Abilene Education Foundation scholarships are available to high school seniors currently enrolled at Abilene High, Cooper High, ATEMS or Woodson Center for Excellence and who are scheduled to graduate by May 2017.
- If you attend WCE, please use your “home” campus for this application.
- If a section does not apply to you, please type NA in the text or $0.00 in the financial sections. Do not leave any blanks.
Once you submit the scholarship application you will not be able to make any changes to your application. Incomplete applications will be not be accepted.
- Please note that select scholarships are subject to available funds.
- Students outside of Abilene ISD are not eligible for an AEF scholarship.
Our essay prompt for this year:
Please write a 300-500 word essay that explains why you want to go to college and how receiving this award will impact your ability to attend college (either university/junior college or technical school).
-What are your career interests/goals and what has motivated you in this direction?
-What do you hope to accomplish with your life? Add any information about yourself that you feel is important for the scholarship selection committee to know about you (such as being one of eight children or from a single parent household).
If there has been a major obstacle in your life that you have had to overcome, or are continuing to overcome, you might consider discussing it in your essay.
Consider this essay as a way to let the committee members get to know you and why you deserve this award. Your essay must be initialed by you verifying it is your own work.
Mail all required attachments to:
Abilene Education Foundation
PO Box 1999
Abilene, TX 79604
You may hand deliver required attachments to:
- The AEF College Advisor at AHS, ATEMS, CHS, or WCE
- AEF Office, 241 Pine St, Suite 15B, Abilene, TX 79601
Required attachments include:
- One reference form from your COOL College Advisor. Your COOL College Advisor has the form, please ask him/her to submit it on your behalf.
Abilene High – Mrs. Holmes
Cooper High – Ms. Gantt
ATEMS High – Mr. West
- One reference letter from your teacher, coach or other non-relative who can assess your academic ability, special talents and character.
- High school transcript (non-official will be accepted).
Priority application deadline: March 2, 2018 (+3 points if submitted by this date)
FINAL application deadline: March 23, 2018
Applications and required documentation will not be accepted after this date.